I saw, I learnt

I am sharing what 'I Saw and I Learnt' at BlogAdda.com in association with DoRight.in. An initiative to “Do Right” by Tata Capital and organized by Blogadda, this concept gives us the opportunity to stop and think. Something happened, I saw that, and it changed me from inside. Something so influential, something that strikes your brain so hard, that it has now become an integral part of you.
Till the time I had seen this article, I was not conscious that we learn everyday, every moment from what we see. Its not like just we see and learn, its also that others see you. They learn from you. What are we showing them. Your good, your bad or just yourself.
The incident that I am going to narrate goes to back to my college days. I was carefree, fun loving guy, attending and sometimes bunking college and doing all types of mischievous things that is expected from a young blood. During my college days, and its common, I used to follow a girl. She was sweet, good looking, short height, fair and nice. From her looks only you could conclude that she was kind hearted. Soon, I did friendship with her, and with a bit difficulty, as she was a bit shy, I did friendship with her. One fine morning, I called her and asked “Hey where are you?”
She replied “I am in the building next to your college”. I tried hard to think, which building is there next to my college. I could not remember. I said to her “OK. I am coming. Please wait for me.”. She replied “Great.”.
I started my Splendor, raced out of my college to reach the next building as soon as possible. When I reached the gate of the next building, I saw that it was a small building, with some kids in blue half pant and red striped shirt playing inside the building. I thought it must be some small kids school and this girl came here for part time job. I was so arrogant.  I parked my vehicle, and straight away headed inside into the building. In the first only, I could see the directors chamber, with my girlfriend sitting inside it, talking nicely with the director.  She saw me and asked me to come in. I went inside and sat next to her. And this was the conversation going on:
Director: “Thanks a lot for your support”.
My friend: “No, its my pleasure. I love small kids and that’s why I came here.”
Director: “You work part time in a small news channel and then also you donate the major part of your income on these orphan kids.”.  I was shocked.
My friend: “No Sir. Its nothing like that. I don’t work for money and l like these kids. I will leave now.”
Director: “Thank you Beta. Do come again.”


Hats off to this noble lady.
The building was orphanage building  with the name Don Bosco Pyar. 

 My friend does not belong to rich family and comes from a middle class family like most us. I studied in that college for four years and it was the first time I came to know that the building next to my college was on orphan home. She did not think to be generous. She was generous by nature. And its not only with her.
I have seen that females are generally more generous compared to males. It’s a feature God has imparted in them and they don’t need any extra effort to be that. It comes out of them instantaneously, spontaneously. From that day, I also tend to give someone, who comes with real slip stating that they belong to some NGO working for a noble cause.